Monday, November 1, 2010

gratitude with attitude

       Crazy delicious day, today…. So many madhouse errands to run and details to jubilantly hammer out, but it somehow all fell into place, leaving the dust to settle in a blissful fog of rebellious relief. My husband deflated on the couch when we got home, air leaks in his rhyme and reason due to a year’s worth responsibility high jacked by this past week. He has been a bit of a jalopy, trying to handle the stress of a supposedly indestructible (yet suddenly donE OVER Dead) vehicle that is unsalvageable  for the commute of daily proportions.  Today I saw him go from unknowingly impersonating some odd puzzle with missing pieces , to channeling a Lamborghini of cool. His stride changed, his posture went from wrecker’s yard to porche showroom in the time it took him to eat one hell of a cheeseburger. It was amazing eating two full meals with him throughout the day's stretch. What luxury to fully chew my food and still, between precious bites, be able to answer questions and carry on serenely rowdy conversation with (a wicked rad) grown up .Usually a symphony of  kamakazi interruptions by our wonderful echo chamber(otherwise known as three beautiful busy kids) would blast the serenity clear out of any meal.... amazing and worth it, yes.... but also a little fricken intense on top of a simmering volcano of,well,stress.
      To be fair, I'm sure I wasn't so porche showroom myself this past week. I'm learning this awesome phrase that really is sensational: "one life is just too great a gift to waste trying to meet the standards of those who would rather judge someone else's life than just get on with their own." Plus I watched Henry Rollin's Ember of Anger speech on youtube thrice in a row, feathering the wings of  the free thinker inside of me who needs more than this edgy new haircut and those great thrift store jeans to feel as if I am adequately walking the talk I can sometimes far too enthusiastically talk,hee hee. So tonight, I felt grateful, and as if perhaps my molecular structure had been sneakily altared by a day of doing that was joyous and productive. My kids have stress sonor, and were much more at ease tonight than in the past few days. They even called cut on the echo chamber act and just hung out playing together, but somehow still took turns in my ams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment